Acceptance of Terms
Password and Security
By using any Smart Living Company website or accessing any information contained on any Smart Living Company website or system, you agree not engage or assist in any of the following conduct:
- Using spiders, robots or otherwise harvesting other's email addresses or telephone numbers from any Smart Living Company site or server for purposes of sending unsolicited or unauthorized material.
- Manipulating identifiers, such as email headers, to disguise the origin of any content transmitted to or through Smart Living Company computer systems.
- Relaying email from a third party's mail servers without the permission of that third party.
- Using or causing to be used Smart Living Company computer systems to facilitate the transmission of unsolicited or unauthorized material. This includes any promotional materials, URLs, junk mail, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of unauthorized solicitation that you may upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available.
- Uploading, posting, emailing, or transmitting the same message, URL, or post multiple times.
- Disrupting the normal flow of dialogue, or causing the screen to scroll faster than users of the service are able to type, or otherwise acting in a manner that negatively affects other users' ability to use any service.
- Harm minors in any way.
- impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, Smart Living Company or any Smart Living Company representative, or falsely state, imply or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with Smart Living Company or any person or entity. Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any content.
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content or material that:
- is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable.
- infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of Smart Living Company or any third party
- is unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- Interfere with or disrupt servers or networks, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks.
- Violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including, but not limited to, regulations promulgated by the Federal Trade Commission, and any regulations having the force of law.
- Provide material support or resources (or to conceal or disguise the nature, location, source, or ownership of material support or resources) to any organization designated by the United States government as a foreign terrorist organization pursuant to section 219 of the Immigration and Nationality Act.
- Collect or store personal data about other users or Smart Living Company members.
- Attempt to override or circumvent any of the usage rules embedded into Smart Living Company websites.
- Infringe on any Smart Living Company trade names, trademarks or service marks.
- Use the names Smart Living Company, the Smart Living Company logo or any other trademarks or trade names of Smart Living Company or its affiliates, or any confusingly similar names, in the conduct of any business.
- Use the name or likeness of any Smart Living Company spokesperson, employee or other member.
- Infringe on any Smart Living Company copyright, copy or link to www.SmartLivingCompany.com or any other website of Smart Living Company or its affiliates, copy or use any text, graphics or online content of Smart Living Company or its affiliates.
- you do not have a right to make available under any law or under a contractual or fiduciary relationship with Smart Living Company or any third party (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements)
- Contact or solicit other Smart Living Company members.
- Engage in any unlawful, unfair or deceptive business practice.
In consideration of your use of the website, you represent that you are of legal age to form a binding contract, are over 18 years of age, and are not barred from receiving services under the laws of the United States or other applicable jurisdiction.
You agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the registration form.
Any unauthorized reproduction, publication, further distribution or public exhibition of the content and materials provided on any Smart Living Company website, in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited.
You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such content. In this regard, you acknowledge that you may not rely on any content created by Smart Living Company or submitted to Smart Living Company, including without limitation information in Smart Living Company forums or message boards, and in all other parts of any website.
Under no circumstances will Smart Living Company be liable in any way for any content on any of its websites, including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available by Smart Living Company.
With respect to any content or information you submit to Smart Living Company in any way or make available for inclusion on any Smart Living Company website, you grant Smart Living Company the following perpetual, world-wide, royalty free rights and license to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform and publicly display such content.
Please remember that Smart Living Company websites are designed to appeal to a broad audience. Accordingly, it is the responsibility of the parent or legal guardian to determine whether access to any Smart Living Company services or content is appropriate for a minor.
Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
You agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside.
Modification and Cancellation
Smart Living Company reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the use or content of any Smart Living Company website, any Smart Living Company service, or any part thereof, with or without notice.
Smart Living Company shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension, cancellation or discontinuance.
Dealings with Others
Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers found on or through Smart Living Company or its websites, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such third party. You agree that Smart Living Company shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such persons.
Copyright and Legal Claims
Smart Living Company respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, your intellectual property rights, or any applicable laws, rules or regulations have been otherwise violated, please provide Smart Living Company with the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other interest
- a description of the work, property or requirement that you claim has been infringed
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the site your address, telephone number, and email address
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the owner, its agent, or the law a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information is accurate and that you are the intellectual property owner or are authorized to act.
ALL SMART LIVING COMPANY WEBSITES AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. Smart Living Company IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY LOSSES, COSTS OR DAMAGES ARISING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF ANY Smart Living Company WEBSITE, ANY SERVICES WE PROVIDE OR THE ADVERTISING OF OUR PRODUCTS. NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE IS GIVEN OR ASSUMED BY SMART LIVING COMPANY OR ITS AFFILIATES, AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS AND TERMS ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED AND EXPRESSLY EXCLUDED. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION GIVEN BY SMART LIVING COMPANY OR ANY OF OUR REPRESENTATIVES SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY.
Smart Living Company CUMULATIVE LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS RELATING TO OR ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF OR ACCESS TO ANY Smart Living Company WEBSITE SHALL NOT EXCEED THE HIGHER OF US$1,000.00 OR THE TOTAL AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID TO Smart Living Company WITHIN THE PRIOR YEAR. Smart Living Company AND ITS AFFILIATES SHALL IN NO EVENT BE LIABLE FOR ANY PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR LOST PROFITS, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND EVEN IF ANY EXCLUSIVE REMEDY PROVIDED FOR FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
These terms of service and the relationship between you and Smart Living Company shall be governed by the laws of the State of California, without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You consent to exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue in Los Angeles County, California, and agree that it shall be the sole forum and venue for any and all disputes involving Smart Living Company.
The failure of Smart Living Company to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these terms of service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If one or more provisions of these terms shall be held to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, the validity, legality, and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not be affected.
These terms of service may be revised or amended by Smart Living Company at any time in its sole discretion, by posting the revised terms at www.SmartLivingCompany.com, and the amended terms will become effective upon posting. No one may modify or waive any of these terms, except in writing signed by the President of Smart Living Company.
These terms of service constitute the entire agreement between you and Smart Living Company and govern your access to and use of any Smart Living Company websites. You also may be subject to additional terms and conditions that may apply when you use or purchase products or services from Smart Living Company, its affiliates or third-parties.